Sunday, October 25, 2015

revitalization


Sunday, October 25, 2015 (6:39 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. The sky is colorfully gorgeous. With two easily seen, very bright planets. The air is crisp. Refreshing. Revitalizing.

Mm. Revitalize – to give new life or vigor to. New life. Hmm...

Blessed God, thank You for the privilege of sitting here. Breathing in deeply. Considering life. New life. In You.

Thank You that with such easy access to Your Word, I get to be here with You, reading Dr. Luke's book (Acts) to Theophilus [whose name means “lover of God”]. How awesome to sit here, reading, learning, wanting to know more.

Blessed Father God, I love You so very much. Use me to help others get to know and love You as well. Reading Luke's words in Acts, chapters 10 and 11, I find myself sitting here nodding my head and asking (Matthew 7:7) You to enable and empower me as well.

Send Your Holy Spirit as You did on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) that we [Jews and Gentiles alike] may truly live and love as You would have us. Blessed, blessed God, how I thank You for the opportunity of being revitalized by Your Word. Your morning. Your beauty. Your wonder.

Acts 11:18 was my starting point in this history lesson of hope this morning. “When they [the circumcised believers] heard these words [of the Holy Spirit's work], they said nothing more. They thanked God, saying, 'Then God has given life also to the people who are not Jews. They have this new life by being sorry for their sins and turning from them.'”

Most Blessed God thank You for giving us Your Truth. Thank You for new life that indeed revitalizes us. Let me us this revitalization to Your good and to Your glory this day. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(308 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment