Thursday, October 22, 2015

loving God

Thursday, October 22, 2015 (6:01 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You.

Of all the things I could think to say to You this morning that's what I want to lead with. Thank You for working in our lives to remind us of the importance of loving You.

Mm. Yes. Help my focus stay on You this day. Yes, Blessed Father. You. The importance of loving You!

Another deep, cleansing breath. A conscious release of any tightness in my shoulders. And a genuine plea that You would continue working in each of us that we would come to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30).

Every time I come back to this command, I marvel at the fact that it does not change. Through all the millennia, Your Word, Your Truth never changes.

♫I know I still make mistakes But You have new mercies for me everyday (Lamentations 3:23) Your love never fails (v. 22) You stay the same through the ages Your love never changes (Malachi 3:6) There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5)

Thank You Blessed God. Thank You Holy Father. Thank You for sending Your Son to teach us. Thank You for allowing us to be saved by Him.

I get to sit here and be blessed repeatedly with every verse to which I turn. Your deep, never-ending love provides for us the courage, the strength, the desire, the will to take yet another step toward loving You as You so rightly command.

I love You, Father. I get to say that because others have taught us that it is good and right to do exactly that.

“All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right” (2 Timothy 4:16). Amen!

“For the Word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are” (Hebrews 4:12). Oh, Hallelujah and thank You Jesus!

Thank You that with all the fearful, dreadful thoughts I brought with me here this morning, it was the pure and simple “I love You” that changed all of my thinking. Thank You that You have so very much to teach us. So much for us to learn.

And it all begins with knowing that “The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and all your strength” (Mark 12:29-30).

Thank You Father. The Lord my God. Continue Your work in me I pray. Teaching me to love You exactly as You wish to be loved. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(440 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment