Saturday, October 24, 2015

joy comes

Saturday, October 24, 2015 (6:04 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy, Blessed God,

Good morning. Yes. Good morning and thank You.

Thank You that it is morning and according to Your Word, that's where [or is it when?] Your joy comes (Psalm 30:5).
(11:15 a.m.)
Mm, Awesome God,

Thank You! You just reminded me of the importance of intentionally glimpsing evidences of Your grace.

I confess, I was starting to get bogged down my negative emotions. I noticed it the moment I saw the date.

Interesting that I knew today was the 24th of October before I even got out of bed. But it wasn't until I saw it spelled out above that it immediately connected to being a date of extreme significance. The forty-fourth anniversary of a patriarch's death.

It's easy for me to think of saying that everything changed for us that day. Truthfully speaking, everything changes for us every single day. I just need to be reminded to look again and again for the glimpses of Your grace in every circumstance.

Take this morning for instance. There was a phone call I had considered avoiding. I wasn't sure how to address an awkward situation. You provided me the word that was needed.

Upon answering the phone, rather than going through any pretense of niceties, I immediately introduced the opportunity we had of honestly exploring some nearly hurt feelings from a previous conversation. Your grace covered the entire dialogue.

Words like “brave” and “I'm so sorry” and “Thank you” were used. All the energy I had used up these past two days wondering how I would approach and react to the call was generously restored to me as I took the opportunity of allowing You to work it all out for us.

It was Your grace interspersed throughout the entire conversation that enabled two friends to each be heard, acknowledged and appreciated. Thank You Father.

Thank You that You are so incredibly good to sinners such as us. Thank You for rescuing us (Psalm 30:1). Thank You for restoring us (v. 2). Thank You for keeping us from falling into the pit of death (3). Thank You that we are to sing to You and praise Your holy name (4).

Thank You that Your “anger lasts for a moment, but [Your] favor lasts a lifetime” (5a). Thank You that “Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes in the morning” (5b).

Blessed God, I confess to You right now, this is not the prayer I had planned to offer to You six hours ago, but it is the one I have. As good and gracious as You are, my focus far too often shifts over to the negative details of every day happenings.

Thank You for even using this prayer to point me once again to the apostle Paul's words to the Romans. “If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace” (Romans 8:6).

It's Your mercy and grace that continues leading and guiding us through our choices, giving us EVERY opportunity to make another great decision. Blessed, Holy Father God, thank You!

Thank You for never leaving us alone in our own destructive thoughts. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit's intimate friendship (2 Corinthians 13:14 The Message) reminding us to check back with what Your Word has to say on things.

Just up from this verse in The Life Recovery Bible is Paul's Final Greetings (13:11-14). “Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Rejoice. Change your ways. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet each other in Christian love. All the Christians here send you their greetings. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

The comment at the bottom of the page for verse 11 acknowledges these to be “worthy challenges and goals to pursue”. Paul “admonished the people to open their minds and hearts to personal change and the healing of relationships.”

I experienced exactly that by following Your lead earlier in the day. The comment continues explaining that “spiritual growth and interpersonal harmony can be fueled by faith in God, the ultimate source of healing love and peace.”

Oh, “Amen!” to that Blessed God! It is so incredibly true!

I met joy coming earlier this morning and then got lost in the pursuit of negative remembrances. Continue working with me in acknowledging glimpses of grace as I come across them.

Thank You, Father. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(780 words ~ 12:31 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment