Tuesday, January 17, 2023

wont

 Tuesday, January 17, 2023 (5:52 a.m.)

Thank You, Blessed God!


You intervened on all of our behalves this weekend. Patterns. Customs. Behaviors. Habits. Wonts. All led to frustrations. Anger. Tears. And YOU stopped us in our tracks! Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


We were reminded many times that “anger is easy.” It takes little to no thought. And zero self control. Thank You God, that YOUR Truth spoke loudest!


Voices raised. Emotions were all over the place. And Your teachings rang true! Praise You Father.

(7:07 a.m.)


Anger does come easy. Hurtful words loudly shouted. Thank You that Your way is so much better for us.


Thank You that Your Truth whispered to me. “Be angry and do not sin.” Holy God, it is only now that I learn that this verse from Ephesians (4:26) is a quote of Psalm 4:4. Thank You that You keep teachings us.


I want to continue learning. Like the word ‘wont’ for instance. Habit. Custom. Practice. I want my wont to align with Yours for me.


Father, thank You for teaching us to bring it ALL to You. Our mistakes. Frustrations. Wants. And wonts.


As You continue Your work in, with, by, through and for each of us I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to keep Your Word in my heart. Whisper It to me loud enough to get my attention every single time I need it.


Here I embrace The Life Recovery Bible comment for Psalm “4:4-5 Turning our will over to God is not a one time experience, it is a moment-by-moment decision to keep our mind fixed on doing God’s will. Today we don’t sacrifice animals on an altar to please God, but we can offer God our life as a living sacrifice. In order to do this, we must seek out and then follow God’s plan for holy and healthy living.”


Yes Lord! Let this become the wont of our family! With only one apostrophe away from the word we fall back on so often. Let our “won’t”s become our wonts!


Thank You God. Use us as You alone know is best. We love You. We NEED, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(378 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment