Saturday, January 7, 2023

"Glad tidings"

 10th Day of Christmas ~ Tuesday, January 3, 2023 (7:47 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Blessed God,


“Glad tidings.” Those were the words this morning. I read them last night. It was just earlier I realized I’ve never given them much thought.

(8:25 a.m.)

And there started my search!


Luke 2:10. “Glad tidings” appears in only a few translations. Others use “good.” Or “good news.” Here’s “glorious news.” Next up is “gospel.”


The Living Bible tells us, beginning with verse 9, “Suddenly an angel appeared among them [some shepherds in the fields outside the of village of Bethlehem], and the landscape shone bright with the glory of the Lord.” What would that have been like?


“They were badly frightened,” [understandably!] “but the angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ He said. ‘I bring you the most joyful news ever announced, and it is for everyone!’”


“Glad tidings of great joy.” Also known here as “the most joyful news ever announced.”


The Message? “… a great and joyful event that is for everybody, worldwide…” Thank You Father, for your perfect plan!


On this 10th Day of Christmas, Dearest God, I very much want to share in the shepherds' eagerness of seeing for themselves what had been shown to them (v. 15). Making known what had been told to them about that Child (17). Glorifying and praising You “for all they had heard and seen as it was spoken to them” (20).


Yes, please Father. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to use me in offering to others the same “glad tidings of great joy, which shall be to all the people” You presented to the shepherds all those years ago.


I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You to lead and guide me in glorifying and enjoying You this day. Work in, with, by, through and for me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(326 words ~ 9:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment