Sunday, January 8, 2023

earnestness

Sunday, January 8, 2023 (6:13 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! It took awhile. A bit of distraction. And here I am. Grateful. Blessed. Smiling. Singing.


Rather than continuing a feeble attempt of muscling my way through a degree of sad[seasonal affective disorder]ness, I confessed it to You. A bit of post holiday blues? The shutting off and taking down of Christmas lights. And You provided the much needed reminder!


♪You give life, You are love You bring light to the darkness You give hope, You restore Every heart that is broken Great Are You, Lord


Lord God, thank You! You reminded me that it’s not up to me to be strong enough. I don’t have the strength. Nor the power. You do! And we have access to it. When we approach You in all earnestness. Thank You Father.


Thank You for shifting my focus. You are my need. Nothing is greater than all You are and offer. I’m asking You to continue Your work in making me fully aware of all the Light You bring to our darkness.


Illustrated Bible Handbook. Romans Chapter 8. The Spirit’s Power New Life Through the Spirit; 8:1-17. Final Glorification; 8:18-39.


“It is the Spirit of God within us, who raised Jesus from the dead, who is able to lift us up too, to a new and righteous kind of living (9-11). Our obligation is not to ‘try,’ but to trust the Spirit of God within us and let Him lead us (12-14).”


Spirit of the Living God, Fall afresh on me, Spirit of the Living God, Fall afresh on me. Break me, melt me, mold me, fill me. Spirit of the Living God, Fall afresh on me♪


Thank You for singing Your Truth to me Dearest God. Thank You for leading me to Your Word of Truth and promises.


♪You give life, You are love You bring light to the darkness You give hope, You restore Every heart that is broken Great are You Lord♪ Yes! Great are You Lord!


Use me today Dearest Father. Exactly as You alone know is best. Leaning Into and onto the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). In all earnestness. Trusting Your Spirit to lead us. Through the darkness.


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for Who You are and all You do. Yes. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment