Monday, January 30, 2023

"Hineni!"

 Monday, January 30, 2023 (5:20 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You that I got to wake up thinking and singing of You.

(5:33 a.m.)


May I just say that I can get completely lost while looking for lyrics to one particular song? Thinking I was seeking ♪All My Hope♪ I quickly found wonderful words written of Your Truth.


Upon attempting to sing them to the tune in my head I soon realize this is “not it!” I’m smiling, now shaking my head, at the various times my thoughts or actions might readily say, “Not it!” to You.


Forgive me Lord. I am not yet the person You created me to be. Thank You that You already know that!


Thinking of the many different games we used to play as kids beginning with, “1, 2, 3, Not It!” I’m asking You to change my approach to

(6:14 a.m.)


And with that simple unformed ask I am learning another new to me word. Hineni. Hebrew for “Here I am.”


Thinking I was looking to find the story of a young Samuel assisting Israel’s high priest Eli (1 Samuel 3:1-10) I am discovering so very much more. Talk about the tip of any ice berg! There is so much more to the depth of Your Word than just the surface with which I am most familiar.


Abraham’s answer of “Hineni!” (Genesis 22:1) when You called him to take his beloved son Isaac to the mountains as a sacrifice. And again when “the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven” (v. 11).


Moses’ reply to Your call to him from the middle of the bush (Exodus 3:4)? “Here I am!” Hineni.

(7:03 a.m.)


Blessed God, as excited as I was to come out here singing about ♪All of my hope [being] inYou♪ I’m even more thrilled with learning to reply “Hineni!” to Your call.


Father God, I love You! I want very much to serve You. Readily. Willingly. Obediently.


My Life Is In You, Lord, my strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You… I will praise You with all of my life I will praise You with all of my strength With all of my life, With all of my strength All of my hope is in You♪


It is Your Word to which I turn. On which I stand. Trusting You to provide our every need. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


Isaiah 41:10. Easy-to-Read Version. “Don’t worry - I am with you. Don’t be afraid - I am your God. I will make you strong and help you. I will support you with my right hand that brings victory.”


Yes please Lord! Teach me to reply, “Hineni!” every time You call. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(478 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment