Friday, January 27, 2023

taking joy

 Friday, January 27, 2023 (5:12 a.m.)

Awesome, Holy God,


Great sleep. Another song. A new to me word. Thank You God. You provide our needs. And I am grateful.


Looking up the word concave, I find its opposite. Convex. From there? Adjectives and verbs for what I have always known as a noun. Goggle.


Here came an unexpected smile. Reminding me to take joy. Thank You Father. You are so good.


This morning as I sit with You, taking in all You provide, I ask You to lead and guide us. Teaching us Your will. Your way.


“Look ahead with joy. Anticipate what I’m creating: I’ll create Jerusalem as sheer joy, create my people as pure delight. I’ll take joy in Jerusalem, take delight in my people” (Isaiah 65:18-19a).


Cue the music from earlier. ♪On and On He just keeps on trying And He smiles when He feels like crying On and on, on and on, on and on♪


Oh! But wait. There IS more! ♪When the first time is the last time Can make you feel so bad But if you know it, show it Hold on tight♪ Yes! We are supposed to hold on tight. To You. Your teachings.


Joshua 23:8. “Just hold tightly to the Eternal One, your True God,” The Voice. Oh yes Father!


Thank You God. I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to order our day here. Beginning back at my interest with the words with which I began.


Concave - depressed, hollow, indented, sunken

Convex - jutting or projecting outward, raised, goggle


Goggle? What? Yes. Goggle!


To stare (at something) with wide eyes, to be filled with wonder or astonishment


Thank You Lord. Let me goggle You many times today. With wide eyes. Filled with wonder.


You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. And so worthy of our praise. Thank You for continuing Your work. Use us to Your good and to Your glory.


We love, need, trust and want to take our joy in You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(340 words ~ 6:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment