Friday, January 20, 2023

declaring the glory of God's goodness

 Friday, January 20, 2023 (6:49 a.m.)


♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪


That is my intentional, on purpose, welcoming song to You this morning Lord.


♪Let us become more aware of Your presence Let us experience the glory of Your goodness♪


Right here I confess to not really knowing what the glory of Your goodness is. I want the songs I sing to and of You to be much more than mere words on a page. Father, truly I want to experience and declare the glory of Your goodness.


Thank You for the opportunity to explore Your Word. Looking for Your Truth. Your guidance. Your direction.


Psalm 19

Isaiah 64

1 Corinthians 2:12


Thank You Father that as I sit here seeking to learn more about welcoming Your Spirit into each day I find a new to me song. ♪Holy Spirit, Thou Art Welcome in this place… Omnipotent Father of mercy and grace, Thou art welcome in this place♪


Welcome. Yes! “Be glad about, appreciate, embrace, give the thumbs up to.” Thank You Father. I like when You provide words and phrases I understand. Thank You.


“Oh, that You would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in Your presence!” (Isaiah 64:1). Talk about declaring the glory of Your goodness.


And the song begins again. ♪…I’ve tasted and seen Of the sweetest of loves Where my heart becomes free And my shame is undone Your presence, Lord Holy Spirit, You are welcome here…♪


I want to live this day for You Lord. In. With. By. Through. Exactly as You would have me.


While ‘the heavens proclaim Your glory and the skies display Your craftmanship’ (Psalm 19:1) I want my ‘reverence for You to be pure, lasting forever’ (9a).


“The laws of the LORD are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. They are a warning to your servant, a great reward for those who obey them” (vs. 9b-11).


Lord God, I’m asking You to do all You must that I can know “all the sins lurking in my heart. Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin” (12-13).


Being able to turn to and in Your Word, I find such hope Blessed God. All the things over which I have no control, Your Spirit does. “For His Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us” (1 Corinthians 2:10-12).


There are times Your Word appears so much deeper than I could ever understand. And then? An occasion such as this where I want it all at once.


For now I ask Your Spirit in me to empower “the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer” (Psalm 19:14). Declaring the glory of Your goodness.


I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You. Use me as You know is best this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(605 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment