Sunday, January 22, 2023

Good. Holy. God.

 Sunday, January 22, 2023 (6:58 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You.


Thank You that You are good. Holy. God.

(7:19 a.m.)


So many times You take me in directions that I least expect. Like now. Considering You as good, holy and God I’m reading John 17. And Hebrews 8:1-6.


Sections of Your Word with which I am unfamiliar. I want very much to grasp a better understanding. Jesus as our High Priest and Intercessor. These are big Truths Dear God. Guide my thinking I ask (Matthew 7:7).

(7:34 a.m.)


Again Your goodness comes to mind. The unexpected blessings You provide. Thank You God that You are so good and provide so much. Our every need.


Father, I ask You to continue guiding and directing us to Your will. And Your way.


Illustrated Bible Handbook breaks “Jesus’ ‘high priestly’ prayer” into three sections. Reading in John Chapter 17. Jesus’ Final Prayer we are blessed to learn of His “Coming Return to Glory; 17:1-5.”


Father, thank You for this opportunity to read and learn more of Jesus’ glory. Prior to His birth and long after His death and resurrection.


Jesus Prays for His Disciples; 17:6-19.” Here He interceded for their safety. And asked that they would receive ‘the full measure of His joy’ (v.13). Thank You God.


Jesus Prays for All Believers; 17:20-26.” This is where we factor in. “Looking into the future the focus of Jesus’ prayer is ‘that they may be brought to complete unity’” (23). Oh that we would!


Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment for this prayer, I find great comfort in learning that “Jesus intercedes with God the Father on our behalf, bringing our needs and requests continually before God.”


How often do I find myself believing it’s up to me to present it all to You on my own? Looking for the right words and attitude.


Thank You God that Jesus is there with You. Praying “that we would know His perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in Truth and holiness and show love toward all people.” Yes please! Continue growing and protecting us.


Because You are good, holy and God, we get to keep turning to You. Coming to You. Depending on You. Loving, needing, trusting and wanting You to make us more like You.


Do all You must Dearest Lord that we would live this day in, with, by, through and for the power Jesus provides. Use us as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(429 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment