Wednesday, January 11, 2023

countering

 Wednesday, January 11, 2023 (7:49 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! Awake for quite some time. Songs singing in my head. Smiles coming as I read details behind the writing of them.


From ♪Baby, Baby♪ to ♪Sweet Little Jesus Boy♪ I sit. Silent. Contemplating. Wondering. Hoping. Countering.


Yes Lord I am countering my opposing thoughts with Your Truth. Thank You. Praise You!

(8:20 a.m.)


Blessed Father, there is no way for me to thank You enough for all You are and do. Thank You for the opportunity to explore the writings of other people. Others who counter their fearful thoughts and musings with the Truth and hope found in Your Word.


Thank You for leading me this morning over to Psalm 27. A psalm of David. “The LORD is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid?” Yes! Why should I be afraid?


“The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” Thank You Father. You ARE our strength!

(8:43 a.m.)


Thank You for this privilege of reading the writings of so many like minded people. Those who struggle and ultimately counter their circumstances with Your Truth.


Following King David’s lead in finding “great joy by improving his conscious contact with God” (The Life Recovery Bible Step 11 devotion Thirst for God Psalm 27:1-6) again I thank You. Yes Father, thank You for the hope we find in Your Truth.


Reading across the page at the comment for 27:11-14, again I smile with the faith we have in You. “God… wants to become the stabilizing factor in our life. Apart from Him we have no power against the things that once put us in bondage. We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.”


Yes Father! Yes!


Verse 8. “My heart has heard You say, ‘Come and talk with me.’” Thank You that this is what I experience so many times throughout each day.


“Teach me to how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the right path,” (v. 11). Make me brave and courageous as I wait patiently for You (14).


Thank You Father. Use me this day. As You know is best. Countering every fearful thought with Your Truth. Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You. Amen.

(403 words ~ 9:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment