Saturday, January 7, 2023

God is!

 Day of Epiphany ~ Friday, January 6, 2023 (6:21 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA

Blessed, Holy God,


I cut time with You short yesterday. Started. Stopped. Went on to other things. Forgive me please.


Thank You for reminding me just before bed that my dependence is in and on You. Throughout a very sleepless time I was able to recall the importance of fearing not. And beholding!


I confess my tendency of catastrophizing circumstances. Making mountains out of molehills. Thinking of the “what if”s instead of “God is!”


Oh yes Father! Thank You that You are far greater than my deepest fear. ♪Lord, You are more precious than silver; Lord, You are more costly than gold; Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds; And nothing I desire compares with You♪


Your Word of Truth and promises is our true treasure Dearest God. In It, You provide every answer to any question we could possibly ever ponder. Proverbs 8:1, “Listen as wisdom calls out! Hear as understanding raises her voice!”


Father, I am asking You to steady my thinking. Align it with Yours. “Choose my instruction rather than silver, and knowledge over pure gold. For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies. Nothing you desire can be compared with it” (Proverbs 8:10-11).


What I desire right now Lord is Your presence as we prepare to travel in inclement weather. Icy streets and walkways. Steady us Lord. It IS in You we trust!


And would You just look at this! A comment for Psalm 91:1-4 in The Life Recovery Bible. “When we discover we are powerless to fight our addiction alone, we become weak like little children. We feel helpless to protect ourself, caught in a whirlwind of our own making.” [Isn’t that EXACTLY what I do?!]


“We turn to God our Rescuer because there is nowhere else to go. How comforting to know that when we cry out, God will rescue us and protect us as a mother bird protects her young. Our powerful defender will never fail us if we turn to Him for shelter and safety.”


I do Dear Lord! I am asking You to protect us and keep us safe.


I left here yesterday before completing my thoughts on being dependent. On You. And one another. You reminded me last night in the most unexpected way [Jesus Calling]. Thank You Lord.


Back over to The Life Recovery Bible. Another comment. 1 Corinthians “12:12-26 … When we have an accurate view of ourself, we will give God the credit for the gifts He has given us and be thankful for His help in recovery. If we cannot do this, we need to go back to Step One and once again admit how powerless we really are.”


I am powerless Dear Lord! Over every thought, word and action that does not align with Your best for me. Work in, with, by, through and for us Father. In ways that only You know is for our good and Your glory.


“Now all of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it” (1 Corinthians 12:27). Father, You know best. Do all You must in aligning us to Your will and Your way.


We love, need, trust and want You as Lord of our lives. Thank You. Praise You. Use us. Amen.

(570 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment