Thursday, January 19, 2023

welcoming the day

 Thursday, January 19, 2023 (5:41 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Sleep. Rest. Smiling. Music.

(5:58 a.m.)

I like waking up feeling grateful, Lord. Thank You.

(6:08 a.m.)


Searching to read more about feeling grateful with You, I found an article that encourages welcoming the day, rather than seizing it. I like that. An unrelated image shows a coffee mug stating, “Welcome the day with a grateful HEART” right next to the words “Good Morning”.


Thank You God! I’m guessing right here that gratitude is also a choice. Much like the myriad of emotions we feel throughout each day. We get to choose which to feed.


In my quest to live a more joyfully balanced life I’m asking You to continue Your work in helping me learn the importance of side stepping the negative things. Being aware, focusing on and leaning in to the positive.

(7:30 a.m.)


Blessed God, I truly want to learn to welcome each day. Before ever getting out of bed. You have been teaching me all these years that I am to think about whatever is: true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent and worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8).

(7:56 a.m.)


And just this quickly, we have horrifying news that a much loved neighbor grandkid (now young dad) died last night in a car crash. Holy God, even here I know You are good. I ask Your blessing and keeping of all who are affected by this tragic news.

(8:14 a.m.)


Even here. ESPECIALLY here! I turn to Your Word Dear Lord. And am again blessed by Paul’s words to the Philippian believers. Reading up just a few verses (4:4-7) and then to the beginning of Chapter 3.


The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.” Thank You Father!


This is a family of Believers. Men and women who know and depend on You to be the good, good God that You are.


Thank You that as I continued reading I smiled at verse 14, realizing that this precious young man is experiencing Your Truth firsthand. As heartbreaking as this is for the rest of us here, he “press[ed] on to reach the end of the race and receive[d] the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”


At this very moment I cannot say I like it. I absolutely don’t understand it. And at the very same time, I know You to be good. I ask Your blessings Dearest God. 


Let them “experience [Your] peace, which exceeds anything we can understand” (4:7a). Your peace to guard our hearts and minds as we live in Christ Jesus (v. 7b).

(10:23 a.m.)


It is exactly right now that I need Your training in welcoming this day. With its heartbreakingly sad news and all. I love You Lord. I need, trust and want You. Use me as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(524 words ~ 10:25 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment