Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Shepherd

11th Day of Christmas ~ Wednesday, January 4, 2023 (7:51 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA


(8:14 a.m.)

“Fear not. Behold!” (Luke 2:10 - again!)


Day 1 - God with us

Day 2 - God our Father

Day 3 - Jesus Christ

Day 4 - The Helper

Day 5 - The greatness of the Lord

Day 6 - God is love

Day 7 - God is good

Day 8 - The Lord is peace

Day 9 - God sustains

Day 10 - God is unchangeable

Day 11 - The Lord my shepherd


(8:40 a.m.)

What a find Dear Lord! What a find!!


Thank You Father. Just when I was doubting my commitment to honoring the 12 Days of Christmas, You provided me such a treasured find!


A pastor/congregation [Central Church Bideford] from the UK dedicated to glorifying You at this time of year.


All this, PLUS a new-to-me song. ♪The Real 12 Days of Christmas [my Jesus Gave to Me]♪


12. Eternity that’s free

11. A thousand songs to sing

10. Streets of pure gold

9. Mansions above

8. A robe and a crown

7. A body glorified

6. Power from on high

5. JOY for my soul!

4. Love for all men

3. Peace in my heart

2. Everlasting life

1. Salvation full and free

(8:57 a.m.)


Awesome Holy God, thank You for the ways You find to speak [and sing] to my soul. Teaching me so much more than meets our worldly eyes!


This morning, a lesson from the UK. Reminding me of the importance of the angel’s three words to the shepherds. “Fear not. Behold!”


Behold, indeed. See. Observe. View. Look at. Watch. Survey. Witness. Gaze upon. Regard. Contemplate…


I confess to having gotten bored and weary with what was almost seeming like “this whole 12 Day nonsense.” Forgive me Father! 12 days is nowhere near long enough to “Behold!” all You are and bring to our lives.


Let me live this 11th day of Christmas fully honoring and catching glimpses of You and the Gift You sent into this world. I want to serve You well. As You have designed.


I love You. I need, trust and want You as my Shepherd. Leading, guiding, providing, protecting me as I go. Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Amen.


(382 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment