Wednesday, January 18, 2023

the Spirit of God

 Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (7:35 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. You’re good!!!

(7:46 a.m.)

SO good!


Father, thank You. I got to experience Your peace yesterday. Your absolute, total peace.


Circumstances that would normally send me into a tizz were met with complete calm. A calm not of my own making. Thank You Lord.


Thank You too for the constant reminders that You have for us. It wasn’t until just now that I recognized myself having experienced the Truth of the apostle Paul’s words to Timothy.


Here [hear] from The Passion Translation. “For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love, and self control” (2 Timothy 1:7).


Thank You for the peace that truly passed all understanding (Philippians 4:7) as I sat looking at a piece of mail in my hands. Unlike my usual response to things I don’t understand, I gave every single thought of the unknown immediately over to You. Not asking. Seeking. Or beseeching You for anything. Just handed it over yo You.

(9:07 a.m.)


Thank You God! This current encounter with the absolute unknown is allowing me to look long and hard at where my roots truly are. In You!


“Let your roots grow down into Him [Christ], and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the Truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”


Father God, You have not given me a spirit of fear! New International Reader’s Version tells us, “God gave us His Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.”


This has nothing to do with me trying to do or be anything I’m not. It’s all about relying on the Spirit You have given me. Thank You God.


I remember well the day in Puerto Rico that we witnessed Psalm 57:1 in action. Baby chicks running to hide under their mama’s outstretched wings. Until the danger [too many people] passed by.


Thank You God for the way you are working in our lives. Growing us to trust You in the unknown.

(9:45 a.m.)


I like watching [and hearing] You work Lord! The soundtrack You provide to accompany me throughout the days is so appreciated.


Waking up [and immediately identifying] the chorus of MercyMe playing in my mind had me smiling without thinking. Now the words bolster me to complete upright sitting.


♪I know You’re able and I know You can Save through the fire with Your mighty hand But EVEN IF You don’t My hope is You alone I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt Would all go away if You’d just say the word But even if You don’t My hope is You alone♪


Yes Father! The Spirit You have given each of Your Believers allows us to know, trust, believe our hope is You alone. Use us as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(518 words ~ 9:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment