Saturday, January 14, 2023

out of my hands

 Saturday, January 14, 2023 (6:26 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Praise You! You blessed us yesterday. With peace. Happy news. Beauty. Hope. Words of encouragement.


Thank You Lord. Thank You too for the struggle I experience in attempting to bypass all the fear taking place within my thoughts.


Father God, I felt Your presence yesterday. As I worked toward creating order in our home I realized that I was once again comparing myself with others. Thank You for reminding me that You made me as wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14) as I am.


Lord, I long to like myself just as I am. You know my thoughts. They are no surprise to You. Thank You for offering me Your Truth every single time I found myself wanting to be different. Better.


Turning my thoughts to You, Your Word, Your Truth, Your promises helped settle my soul. I am not a mistake. I make them, but I am not one! That realization is huge for me Dear Lord.


Along with all the weaknesses I encounter, I also have strengths. Many of which I have yet to be aware. The standard to which I fail so miserably to align myself is manmade. I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to teach me to keep my focus on You.


Yes Father. You! Your ideal. Your will. Your way. I am not my neighbor. I have my own unique set of issues. You are here to walk me through them.


Thank You for waking me with Jeremy Camp’s Truth filled song ♪Out of My Hands♪ Yes Lord! Just look at these opening words. ♪Every day this never ending pressure Tries to take its claim over my heart I have tried to hold it all together But time and time again, I fall apart♪


Thank You God, for everything you use to get my mind back on You. ♪Brought to my knees by all of these things I don’t understand Don’t understand, I will let the weight of my fear fall like sand Out of my hands and into Yours♪


Blessed Father, it’s Your Truth that calls to me. Reminding me of the importance of Facing the Sadness (The Life Recovery Bible devotional for Nehemiah 8:7-10).


Yes Lord! It’s the last paragraph of this writing that is tying it all together for me. “When we set out to face the pain and sadness of making a moral inventory, we will need the ‘joy of the LORD’ to give us strength. This joy comes from recognizing, even celebrating, God’s ability to bring us out of bondage and care for us as we pass through the sadness toward a new way of life.”


I confess to wanting to go around the sadness of mistakes I’ve made Dear Lord. Attempting to sweep them under the rug [or in this case, pack them away in boxes] is of no help whatsoever.


Do all You must Blessed God. In. With. By. Through. And for me. I cannot do any of this on my own. I need You every single step I take! Leading, guiding, directing me in the way I am to go.


Provide the strength I need Dear Lord. I want to live this day as You would have me. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Trusting Your joy to be my strength!


Yes Father! I want to live this day in Your joy. Thank You. Praise You. I love, need, trust and want You Blessed God. Amen.

(581 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment