Monday, January 23, 2023

Godward

 Monday, January 23, 2023 (7:04 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the many ways things connect in my mind. Like today being the 23rd of 2023. It’s simple things like that that help me smile. For seemingly no reason at all.


Take this new to me word for instance. Godward. Toward God. I like it. And I’m smiling. Hugely.


Thank You God. Thank You for helping me realize just now that every single time I smile there’s a degree of delight involved. I like delighting myself in You (Psalm 37:4). With You. By You. Through You. For You.


Fussing for hours over the song with which I first woke, thank You that I eventually gave it over to You. As is often the case, once I stop fighting You blessings appear. This morning is clearly no different in that regard.


♪Here’s looking at you kid Missing all the things we did We can find it once again, I know Just like they did in Key Largo♪ Not the most worship filled song I’ve sung to You. Until I look beneath the surface of it.


Just like everything else in the course of any day, we have the choice of which direction to take. Forward. Sideways. Backward. And now? Godward. Yes. I want to look and proceed Godward!


♪Here’s looking at you kid…♪ Is that You looking at and calling me “kid”? Or maybe me changing the phrase to ♪Here’s looking at You God♪?


Regardless, one of the things I’m smiling most about now is the title of the album on which this track is found. ♪Just Another Day in Paradise♪ Yes. I want to greet this new day as another day in the paradise You have provided us.


Father, thank You for the ways You teach us to capture our thoughts (2 Corinthians 10:5). My tendency is to complicate things. Build mountains out of molehills. Thank You that Your ways are so much better than ours!

(8:13 a.m.)

Another smile!


Illustrated Bible Handbook. 2 Corinthians. “Chapter 10. Appeal, Not Command Meekness and Gentleness; 10:1-6… Paul is engaged in a spiritual warfare, so he can never rely on worldly methods. It requires divine power to demolish the inner strongholds and bring hearts and minds into an obedient relationship with the Lord.”


Divine power. Facing Godward. Depending on You to lead and guide us in every single endeavor. Like ordering our home for instance!


Father God, we turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Knowing. Trusting. Believing You to be the ♪Good, Good Father♪ that You are.


Continue Your work in reminding us that it is in You we trust. There are so many things we will never fully understand. Yet we can choose to call out Your name in dependence on the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Do in, with, by, through and for us all it is that we cannot possibly do on our own. Singing. Smiling. Staying our minds and standing firm on Your inerrant [incapable of being wrong] Word.


♪Here’s looking at You, God!♪ Thank You for all the ways You work on our behalves. We love, need, trust and want You to prevail in all things. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(5:48 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment