Sunday, January 29, 2023

the simple things...

 Sunday, January 29, 2023 (6:46 a.m.)

Thank You God.


You just helped me smile again. Another patterned set of numbers. First at 6:26. Then just now. Thank You Lord. It’s the little things. The simple things…


(7:24 a.m.)


Hmm. Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42). “Stop, absorb and enjoy the Lord.” One sister could. And the other could not.


Holy God, I’m reading about associating the simple things with You and smiling even bigger than before. What I’m taking away is the importance of enjoying You. And I do! Every time I relate a smile with You. Thank You God.


This morning I’m asking You to help me practice and learn the art of delighting in You (Psalm 37:4). Being still and knowing that You are God (Psalm 46:10). Becoming more of a Mary [sitting, listening, being taught] than a Martha [distracted, preparing, worried and upset over details].


Yes Lord! Keep reminding me, as only You are able, of the importance of enjoying You. Through knowing, loving, trusting and wanting You as Lord of our lives.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm and staying my mind on You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(209 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment