Thursday, October 27, 2022

usefulness

 Wednesday, October 19, 2022 (4:39 a.m.)

Thank You Father,


Yes. Thank You! Blessings abounded yesterday.


Safe travels. A genuine spirit of usefulness. Deeply rooted joy. Camaraderie. Smiles galore. Ease in conversations. Blessings, I tell You! They abounded!


And now? Even more! The Message. Matthew 5:13. Jesus’ words - [Oh, this just keeps getting better!]


Awesome, Blessed, Father God, thank You for the ways You get our full attention onto You. Thank You for making us fully aware of Your presence. As a favored church [New Hope Oahu] quotes, “The best is yet to come.”


Holy God, it’s when we put our focus on and trust in You that we become evermore aware of the myriad of ways we are blessed. Fortunate. Happy. Spiritually prosperous.


You do this, Lord. In. With. By. Through. And for us. Thank You. Praise You.


On the tail (v. 13) of listing what has become know as The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-12), Jesus further explained the values of which He was teaching. “Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.”


I want very much to be salt-seasoning for You Dear Lord. Bringing out Your flavors of this earth.


Holy God, I confess my tendency to focus on the sad rather than the glad. Thank You for all You do in changing this in us.


Illustrated Bible Handbook explains, “Values Expressed in Actions; 5:13-16. Any true value will find some expression in behavior.” I want very much for my values to be easily seen in line with Yours. Reflecting the ones You have for me.


Yes Father. Continue Your work in making me “like that illuminating light [A city built on a hilltop (which) cannot be hidden (v.14)]. Let your light… 


[Here, finally, is a song. And another broad smile! ♪This Little Light of Mine I’m gonna let it shine♪] 


… shine everywhere you go, that you may illumine creation, so men and women everywhere may see your good actions, may see creation at its fullest, may see your devotion to Me, and may turn and praise Father in heaven because of it.”


Yes Lord! Do all You must that Your light shines through me this day. I love You. I need, trust and want You to be Lord of my life. Lord of this day. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(423 words ~ 6:04 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment