Thursday, October 20, 2022

All Through the Night

 Friday, October 14, 2022 (5:35 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. You guided my thoughts throughout the night. Saying this to You just now ♪All Through the Night♪ immediately began singing in my mind.

(6:08 a.m.)


Oh how excited [agog] I am right now! Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Looking into the lyrics and origin of this long favored song I am delighted with my find.

(6:17 a.m.)


Every waking led my thoughts back to the Truth found in Your Word. Philippians 4:8 especially. Thank You God for giving me the desire to practice fixing my thoughts on whatever is true. Honorable. Right. Pure. Lovely. Admirable. Excellent. And worthy of praise.


YOU, Dear Lord, check all those boxes! Thank You that You do.


Thank You for the privilege of learning more about the origins of some of the songs written by various psalmists. Thank You that turning my thoughts to You, Your Truth and Your promises I am truly excited and eager to tell. Again! Thank You. Praise You Lord.


Your Word recorded various examples of others pouring out their hearts to You throughout the night. Thank You Father for the freedom we find in remembering to bring our hearts, souls, minds and strength directly to You.


Psalm 16:7; 42:8; 63:6; 119:55, 148 are just a few of the nighttime offerings of praise and worship written all those years ago. The Life Recovery Bible regards them as “brimming with honest emotion.”


I cannot thank You enough for the treasure we have in not being or feeling alone on this journey through life here on earth. “Through them [the recorded Psalms] we can pour out our anguish and adoration, our suffering and confessions, our hopes and fears. Through some we may openly question God’s actions or His apparent lack of action.”


It’s comforting to read and find that I am not the first [nor will I be the last] to experience these thoughts and feelings. “Through others [still referencing the Psalms] we might express our pain, heartache, and discouragement. Through still others we may praise God as He frees us from oppression and sin.”


You are so good to provide us such a Source of Hope! “Each psalm is an expression of the heart. None of them is a neat little package of answers tied up with a pretty bow. They are living documents, a collection of spiritual diaries from people who honestly sought God’s gracious help.”


Oh most Dear and Blessed God, how I wholeheartedly thank You for every single smile that comes to me as I read. Think. Consider. Experiencing Your goodness. Your grace. Your mercy.


Thank You that You alone are worthy to be praised. Empower and enable me to this very end Dear Lord. Use me as only You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You. Do all You must to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(499 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment