Saturday, October 29, 2022

defining moments

 Saturday, October 29, 2022 (5:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. There was time to rest. And sleep. Awaken. Lie still. And consider. Mm, yes. Thank You Lord for the privileges You provide us.


Thank You for the opportunity to consider all we have [and are] in You.

(6:02 a.m.)


Thank You for mistakes Dear Lord. And the ability to laugh while making them. Guide me in our time here together I ask.

(6:27 a.m.)


I keep coming and going. And going and coming. One moment here in body and spirit. And the next? Just gone.


Keep me here with You, I ask.

(7:06 a.m.)


All my thoughts and reading have me considering crossroads. Defining moments. Big events. Again I ask You to guide me in my thinking. Searching. Finding.


Unlike the song [♪You Say♪] with which I gently awoke, ♪This Magic Moment♪ is insistent in my head. Lord, thank You for all the things that turn out not being what I thought. This song for instance! First introduced to me nine years after the original.


Lord God, I confess to making assumptions. Thinking I know things. When in actuality, I really don’t.


Here again, I thank You Lord. Thank You for reminding me of so many of the mistakes I have made throughout the years. Thank You that because of Your incredibly perfect love we can always move forward. In, with, by, through and for You.


How I thank and praise You most Blessed God. Lead, guide and use me today as You alone know is best.


Reading right now of another’s moments with You. I sense the gentle smile appearing on my face. Adam Thomas’ words, “… I began listening, seeing, feeling with my heart, no - with the very core of my being…”


Lord God, continue speaking to me I ask.


Referencing Mary and Elizabeth’s encounters with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:39-45) Episcopal priest Thomas relates, “It is the sharing of God’s presence in our lives that helps others witness that presence in their own” [WhereTheWind]. Thank You Father God, for the lengths You go to bringing us back to Your Word.


Encouraging his congregation in the art of evangelism, Thomas goes on in his urging. “We have the good news of God to share: how God moves in our own lives, how God moves through us, transforming us, and renewing our broken world.”


Talk about a defining [MAGIC - mercy and grace in Christ] moment! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. I love, need, trust and want You. Hallelujah! Amen.


(427 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment