Thursday, October 27, 2022

peace over panic

 Saturday, October 22, 2022 (6:45 a.m.)

Holy God,


You did it again!!! Provided peace where normally would have been panic. Mm, yes. Peace over panic! Thank You God. Praise You Lord.


Having the opportunity to read and learn about eagles on Thursday prepared me for unexpectedness yesterday. When plans went awry I went straight to You. Remembering teachings from Sunday’s NewHope message, “The best is yet to come.”


I quoted Your promises back to You. Standing firmly on the Truth presented by the prophet Isaiah (40:31). Here/hear quoted from Amplified Bible, beginning at verse 30. “Even youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,

But those who wait for the LORD [who expect, look for, and hope in Him]

Will gain new strength and renew their power;

They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun];

They will run and not grow weary,

They will walk and not grow tired.”


Eagles soar. They don’t flap. Or glide. They soar! Thursday’s teaching was the first, in all my years of reading this verse, to get an overwhelming, “Aha!” from me.


Thank You God for the word pictures that presented themselves in my studying. A large bird of prey perfectly designed for high flights! With little to no effort. Also made for rest. And storms!


We were in the midst of a potential storm yesterday Lord. Thank You You that I intentionally set my sights on You. Waiting. Not hiding. Preparing to take flight and soar like an eagle rather than flap incessantly like a bird.


Thank You too that I woke with all the words of a related song. Prior to opening my eyes I had the chorus sans the very first word. Was it hope? Faith? No. Strength!


♪Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord♪ Thank You Father for the privilege of continuing to learn [and share!] more of Your Truth.


♪Our God, You reign forever. Our hope, our Strong Deliverer. You are the Everlasting God, the everlasting God. You do not faint, You won’t grow weary. You’re the defender of the weak, You comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles♪


Countering every single thought of potential terror, I visualized myself on the very highest point of a tree. Waiting. Trusting. Believing that You would lift me high above any storm that was to come our way.


This is brand new territory for me Lord. A whole different better way of confronting what could come. I truly chose the peace (Philippians 4:4-9) You offer to us over the panic I normally stir up for myself.


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Continue Your work in us I ask (Matthew 7:7). Doing, teaching, empowering and enabling us to live this day in, with, by, through and for us.


We love You. We need, trust, thank and want You to be the trustworthy God we are learning You to be. Use us. Praise You. Amen.

(521 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment