Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Or...

 Tuesday, October 11, 2022 (6:07 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. I woke up thanking You immediately. That means I slept. Rested. Renewed. And I smiled as well. Thank You, God.


You helped me grapple with my feelings yesterday. Reminding me of the judgments I so freely place on myself. Thank You for reminding me that I can choose to hold tightly. Or… Release. Let go. Allow.


How comforted I am. Your Word even speaks on this! The Message. 1 John 3:18-20. “My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality. It’s also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.”


Thank You Dearest God. Taking this section to Illustrated Bible Handbook I smile even more. “Impact of Love; 3:19, 20. John teaches… that conscience is an untrustworthy guide. It may accuse us unjustly. When it does, we can appeal to God, whose Word reassures those who are practicing a life of love.”


Mm. Yes. Thank You Father. You provide us choices. Judge self? Or… Not! You bless us with Your Word of Truth and promises.


The Voice. “There is a sure way for us to know that we belong to the Truth. Even though our inner thoughts may condemn us with storms of guilt and constant reminders of our failures, we can know in our hearts that in His presence God Himself is greater than any accusation. He knows all things.”


Thank You Dear Lord that You are [greater than any accusation]. And You do [know all things]. Thank You for the opportunity to grapple. With You. Your teachings. Your best for each and every single one of us. And ourselves. To the point of surrender.


There it is! The point of surrender. Thank You Dearest God. I can hold tight. Or… Let go. You provide us these choices. Empower and enable me to use them well.


I love you. I need, trust and want You. Use me this day. To Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(382 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment