Thursday, October 20, 2022

bits / all things

 Thursday, October 13, 2022 (6:05 a.m.)

Good morning Dear Lord,


There’s another song. It’s already been with me for hours. I keep getting bits. Then pieces. Hmm… Yes. Thank You for bits. They are enough to settle my soul.


(6:36 a.m.)


I’m still looking. Searching a word here. A phrase there. Almost getting it. Then? It’s gone again.


♪All things♪ I know it’s based on Romans 8:28. So far every song I’ve chased down has a different tune than what’s in my head.


So once again, I look to You Dearest Lord. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Wanting You to be glorified and enjoyed in the search.


Thank You that when I recognize frustration I get to turn and look to You for help. Even Especially in the simplest, most mundane things.


You help me smile. Reminding me that You are here with us. We are never alone. You continue Your work at changing our thoughts. Fixing our minds on whatever is true, honorable, just/right, pure, admirable, lovely, excellent and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8). Thank You that You do.


Blessed, Holy, Father God, how truly I thank You. You are doing Your work in, with, by, through and for me. Often when I am not even aware. You change my attitude. Teaching me to approach all things with open hands.


♪All things♪

(6:57 a.m.)

And here it is!


Changing the search from “God” to “You” and “our” to “my” and the very first find was Jesus Culture’s ♪Your Love Never Fails♪ Thank You God! Thank You for the multitude of ways You have of getting our attention fully onto You. Guide me here I pray.

(7:21 a.m.)


Thank You for the opportunity of reading the opinion of others concerning the Biblical validity of this song. Thank You too for the numerous Scriptural references that were cited.


Blessed, Holy Father God, the time spent searching [and finding] this elusive song has been quite gratifying. Opening my hands to You. Allowing You to supply all the bits necessary truly has me smiling.


Singing. Staying my mind and standing firmly in Your Word. Thank You that You truly do provide our every need.


There is a lot of opportunity for me this day. Blessed Father, I want to use it well. Glorifying and enjoying You as I go. Do all You must to Your good and for Your glory.


I love You. I need, trust and want You to truly be Lord of my life. ♪Your love never fails It never gives up♪ And would You just look at this! It’s an entirely different song than what I started with. Thank You God for this very easy find.


♪One Thing Remains♪ Keep singing to me I ask. Correcting me as we go through this day. Together. You leading. Me following. More obediently than I have been. Smiling. Singing. Standing firm. And staying my mind on You and Your Word of Truth and promises.


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Amen.

(505 words ~ 7:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment