Monday, October 10, 2022

ingenuous

Monday, October 3, 2022 (6:03 a.m.)

Approaching San Francisco Harbor

Holy God,


Here’s a word I didn’t know. Ingenuous. I want to know more Dear Lord.


(6:53 a.m.)

San Francisco, CA


Words and music [Lights by Journey and Dock of the Bay by Otis] keep flooding in. Having begun with the word disingenuous I quickly became aware of how very much I want to be INGENUOUS! With You. Myself. And others.


This very moment I am confessing to You the emotional overload I am experiencing. Absolutely in awe of the beauty of our surroundings. And at the very same time concerns over a much loved one.

(8:38 a.m.)


John 15 Jesus the True Vine (1-17) The World’s Hatred (18-16:4)


I recognize that I am hypersensitive to pretense this morning Lord. THANK YOU that I can bring this all to You.


You continue blessing us Dear Father. Thank You that every single time I’m aware of my mind shifting from a negative to a positive I know it’s because of the work You have been doing in, with, by, through and for us.


You, Oh God, are worthy to be praised. You bless us time and again. 


Reading a webpage entitled 17 Ways to Glorify God I am grateful. “6. By being contented in that state in which Providence has placed us. ‘When grace is crowning, it is not so much to be content; but when grace is conflicting with inconvenience, then to be content is a glorious thing indeed.’ (See Phil 4:13)”


This is an absolutely new-to-me thought. While I believe verse 12 to be the more accurate reference, I want very much to ponder it long and hard today. Asking that You would indeed be glorified. Not by my efforts, but through my very being.


Do all You must this day Dearest Lord and Father. Remake, refresh, renew me into the ingenuous person You originally created me to be. I want very much to glorify and enjoy You this day.


Thank You for this particular opportunity to come before You with our every need and want. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me exactly as You alone know is best. Amen.

(367 words ~ 9:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment