Monday, November 29, 2021

"Thank You, God..."

Monday, November 29, 2021 (4:17 a.m.)

“Christmas Chateau” Family Room

Thank You, God!


That’s what I woke up saying just earlier. They also may have been the words I thought just before going to sleep last night. “Thank You, God…” Yes, You’ve helped it become my go-to phrase.


Found what was missing? “Thank You, God…” Killer cramp in my calf muscle? “Thank You, God…” Positive or negative circumstance? You are teaching me to encounter them with thanks and praise.


“Thank You, God. Thank You, God. Thank You, God.” I find it normally comes in threes. Much like my sneezing used to. 😉


Thank You that the message we watched from a Hawaiian church yesterday had much to say about developing a grateful heart. That’s what I’ve been experiencing with You these past several days.


♪Give Thanks with a grateful heart Give thanks to the Holy One Give thank because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son And now let the weak say, “I am strong” Let the poor say, “I am rich Because of what the Lord has done for us Give thanks♪


Mm, yes! Thank You, God.


Even here. Getting to read the origin of this “simple song of thanksgiving and trust” I am filled with thankfulness. Thank You, God.


Following this line of thinking and thanking, I’m smiling as I recognize having just transposed the numbers leading to a Bible verse. Thank You God for my error here.


While my heart fills with awe and wonder for the Truth of 2 Corinthians 8:9, it’s 9:8 where I feel my feet standing firm. Thank You God for the hope Henry Smith found in Jesus’ love and kindness (v. 8:9) that led him to pen this hymn (1978) I’ve sung for decades.


Verse 9:8 seems to be another reminding nudge toward my becoming a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). Oh yes Dear Father. Make it so!


”God is ready to overwhelm you with more blessings than you could ever imagine so that you’ll always be taken care of in every way and you’ll have more than enough to share” (2 Corinthians 9:8 The Voice). Continue You work in making us eager to share Dear Lord.


Go before us. Behind us. Beside, beneath, above and within us this day. Using us as we prepare our hearts and our homes for the hope of Your Son’s coming. We love You.


Thank You, God. Thank You, God. Thank You, God! Amen. 


(414 words ~ 5:52 a.m.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment