Tuesday, November 9, 2021

God's prodigious Word

 Tuesday, November 9, 2021 (5:43 a.m.)

Holy, Loving God,


Thank You. It’s already been quite the morning.


There was sleep. Restful, peaceful sleep. A song. ♪To God Be the Glory♪ Reading of Fanny Crosby, the hymn writer. New understanding of the words rhetoric and prodigious. All in under an hour.


Blessed God, I’m asking You to take me by the hand. Leading and guiding me into Your Word. Show me what You would have me do with this day.


Thank You for how I ask and You answer. I woke up aware of our need to ask, seek, knock (Matthew 7:7) and want Your guidance. And here Your are, ever willing to provide.


Father God, I long to be effective and persuasive with my words. That new to me meaning of rhetoric. It is my heart’s desire that others will come to love, trust and readily depend on all You are and do.


Everything in our lives is all about You Jesus. And right there starts another song. Michael W. Smith ♪All About You♪ And the importance of ♪coming back to the heart of worship♪


My mind keeps darting off. Wanting desperately to tell others of Your prodigiousness. Vastness. Magnitude. Grandeur. Bigness.


And here it is. Your prodigious Word. Psalm 28:7. “The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”


Yes! Thank You Father. I can’t think or say or do all the things I want. You can guide and teach me. I will let You.


Thank and praise You, Lord. Do in, with, by, through and for me all that only You alone know is best. I love You. And long to serve You. Keep me out of Your way. Amen.

(309 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment