Monday, November 22, 2021

pursuing blessings

 Monday, November 22, 2021 (4:55 a.m.)

Holy God,


Blessings. I’m hear singing of and seeking Your blessings. Please lead and guide us in this pursuit. Not as an end to itself. No Sir. Blessed as a way of blessing others.


Here’s something I hadn’t considered. We are to pursue YOU! Not just Your blessings. Again I actively seek Your guidance.


Reading more, I come upon the concept of contentment as a blessing. Mm, yes Blessed God. Learning to be content in all things (Philippians 4:12). Living in the Spirit. Growing to know You more. Leaning in. Trusting. Believing You to do and be all Your Word of Truth promises.


Much like a famed advertising phrase, I’m excited to keep reading. “But wait! There’s more.”


“If we want blessings from Christ, we must follow Him.” Yes! Those seeking healing blessings mentioned in the Bible were prepared to turn from their indifference (Revelation 3:19).

(6:20 a.m.)


Blessed God, I confess to the disinterest with which I have recently been approaching each of the days You’ve set out for me. You are worthy of so much more than what I’ve been offering You. Forgive me Father for my own self-absorption.


Getting to read of You and a lukewarm people in the book of Malachi I find myself smiling again. I am grateful and filled with hope when I realize I am never alone in my dispassion. Thank You Lord.


Dearest Dad, turn my heart, soul, mind and strength back to You. I want to be obedient to Your promptings. Lead. Guide. Direct me to feeling, thinking, saying and doing the things that will honor You.


I love You. I need You. I want You. I choose You. Work in, with, by, through and for me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.


(309 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment