Thursday, November 18, 2021

firmament

 Thursday, November 18, 2021 (5:35 a.m.)

Holy God,


“Firmament.” That’s the word I had at two a.m. Peering out at the full moon that had already eclipsed, underscored by a vapor trail.


Firmament. Described by biblegateway.com as “the expanse above the earth.” Guide me in learning more about it Dearest Father.


American Standard Version

Amplified Bible

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

Blue, Red and Gold Edition

Darby Translation

Duuay-Rheims 1899 American Edition

Expanded Bible

1599 Geneva Bible

Jubilee Bible 2000 (Genesis 1:15; Psalm 19:1, 150:1)

King James Version

Lexham English Bible

Modern English Version

New American Bible (Revised Edition)

New Catholic Bible

New Revised Standard Version

Revised Standard Version

Wycliffe Bible


Loving Lord, how I thank You for the many ways You call our attention to You. This morning? In a number of Bible translations I have yet to explore.


Here, Dear God, I find myself drawn to all of Psalm 150. You choose the version for us to examine together.


Starting with Jubilee Bible 2000. I get to look into words I’ve never read before.


“Halelu-JAH [I’m unfamiliar with this spelling and emphasis]. Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the firmament of His power.


“Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness.


“Praise Him with the sound of the shofar [a trumpet made from the horn of a kosher animal with the marrow removed]; praise Him with the psaltery [ancient musical instrument resembling the zither] and harp.


“Praise Him with the timbrel [tambourine or similar instrument] and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and organs.


“Praise Him upon the loud cymbals; praise Him upon the cymbals of joy.


“Let every thing that has breath praise JAH [Your name, according to King James Version Psalm 68:4]. Halelu-JAH.”


Indeed! Let every thing that has breath praise JAH! Even [especially] at two o’clock in the morning when the moon is full and the sky is clear. Halelu-JAH! Praise You God.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Pointing to Your great, glorious, good, gracious, loving way. Empower and embolden me in sharing You freely. Without hesitation. As I am often so prone.


I love You Lord. I need You. I want You. I choose You. I thank and praise You. Halelu-JAH! Amen.

(394 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment