Wednesday, November 10, 2021

euphony

 Wednesday, November 10, 2021 (6:23 a.m.)

Lord God,


I love You. And thank You.


There’s been a lot of music in my head already this morning. Songs. Notes.


(6:44 a.m.)


And here’s a new to me word. Euphony. “A pronunciation of letters and syllables which is pleasing to the ear. Good phonetic quality of certain words.” Also meaning: melody, harmony, sweetness, smoothness, accord, unison…

(7:40 a.m.)


The more I read Lord, the more I want to know. Not just know. Put into action.


Father God, I am grateful for the singing You and I do together. Waking up in the early morning hours, genuinely playing “Name That Tune.”


Today’s challenge? ♪Sabbath Prayer♪ from “Fiddler on the Roof.”


A few notes at first. Then some words. Now the lyrics. “May the Lord protect and defend you May He always shield you from shame… Strengthen them, Oh Lord And keep them from the strangers’ ways.”


Lord God, how I thank You for the hope I find in the euphony You provide. Rhythm. Balance. Unison. Pleasantness. Harmoniousness. Musicality.


Here I get to look further into the ways music can glorify You! Thank You Father for turning my heart toward You in praise.


Oh, and let me remember Your entire book of Psalms! A collection of 150 songs the Hebrews called the “book of praises.”


Some being expressions of devotion to and confidence in You. While others are shouts of joy and love! There are prayers in times of trouble. As well as rejoicing in Your mercy and strength.


Thank You God that You are “holy and loving and intimately involved in every aspect of our human experience” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE). “Let everything that lives sing praises to the LORD!” (Psalm 150:6).


Yes! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Euphoniously. Amen!


(308 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment