Wednesday, November 3, 2021

laissez-faire

 Wednesday, November 3, 2021 (5:48 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the opportunity, privilege and desire to be with You here this morning. I confess to avoiding and ignoring any pull toward You yesterday.


Laissez-faire and indifferent come to mind. Forgive me Lord. You deserve first, not last. Best, not worst.


Thank You that we get to come straight to You. With everything. Thoughts. Feelings. Hopes. Dreams. Disappointments. And faith. Yes! The importance of trusting You in all things.


There is so much going on in the world, Lord. Rather than turn to You, I pulled back. Withdrew. Thank You that when I come to my senses You are still here. You, Your Son, Your Holy Spirit, Your Word of Truth and promises all unchanged. And absolutely relevant to our being. Thank You. Praise You.


Thank You that I even get to bring the word indifferent to You. Finding that You have much to say about it as well. You never cease to amaze me Lord. And I am grateful. Truly.


Use me this day as I dig deeper into Your Word. Being reminded of all the people who have gone before us. Experiencing much the same situations and emotions. 


Father, I love You. Truly. Deeply. Imperfectly. Do all You must to replace my laissez-faire attitude with one that honors and glorifies You.


Your Book has all the answers we need for living a truly healthy and exciting life. Forgive me for turning my back on It and You. Refusing to heed Your call on several occasions throughout the day.


Habakkuk 1:3

Hebrews 12:14-29

1 Peter 3:1-7

Revelation 3:14-22


I love You Lord. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to provide exactly what is necessary for me to live this day as You wish. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(308 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment