Monday, November 8, 2021

profound joy

 Monday, November 8, 2021 (4:30 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


It’s been a very early morning. With so many thoughts. And memories.


Yes. An unusually late night and early waking hours. Wondering. Pondering. Examining. Challenging. Remembering.


And here it is. Twenty eight years to the day. The remembrance of a family’s decision to disconnect the life support of their beloved patriarch.


Tears are falling. Emotions darting. A deep sadness followed immediately by profound joy.


Father God, thank You for reminding me the significance of this day. And the fun loving nature of this well remembered and esteemed man.


God, I love You. And thank You for Your presence with each of us. I’m asking You to bless his loved ones. Family. Friends. Descendants. Co-workers.


This man was dearly loved by many. Not so much by others. Revered. Reviled. And missed. Dearly. Deeply.


A tinge of joy comes as I remember this quote from Dr. Seuss. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Thank You Father.


No longer having to wonder about an underlying sense of sadness I’ve been experiencing recently. I’m now ready to embrace what You have for me. Praising. Rejoicing. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead and guide us through this day of remembrance.


This was not a perfect man. I still have no idea where he stood in his relationship with You. I thank You exponentially for what he taught his family about love. Commitment. Duty. And laughter.


There is deep joy within me right now. Deep and profound joy.


Reading Paul’s words to the Philippian believers I feel settled. Hopeful. Joy.


A Love That Will Grow Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamation of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God’s Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears” (Philippians 1:3-6 The Message).


Yours is our ultimate example of true Fatherhood. Thank You for providing us with the earthly example of this beloved dad.


Father God, I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to use me this day exactly as You know is best. Being alert and aware to all the joy You want to supply us. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(441 words ~ 5:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment