Saturday, November 27, 2021

spirit of gratitude

 Saturday, November 27, 2021 (4:34 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! I practiced intentionally saying that to You yesterday. Just earlier in the day You had reminded me of the importance of giving You thanks in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).


Right here I remember the joy I felt the very moment I substituted “Thank You God, Thank You God” for the crass expletive that had readily flown out of my mouth at the very first sign of frustration. Thank You God, indeed!


All my thanks and praise are jumbling together wanting to be the first expressed. Let me take a step back remembering a want that came to mind yesterday. I want to glorify and enjoy You forever!


Father, I’m asking You to do all You must in making me obedient to Your call on my life. Glorifying and enjoying You. Forever. Beginning before yesterday. Thanking You readily. Often. In all things.


Tomorrow marks the first Sunday of Advent. “A period of spiritual preparation for the coming birth of Jesus Christ.” I want to glorify and enjoy You during this extraordinarily special time of year Dear Lord. I look to You to prepare me for all that lies ahead.


Joy? Give thanks. Frustrating circumstances? Give thanks. Continue Your work in replacing my deeply ingrained first reaction of negativity with a genuine spirit of gratitude.


Thanking You the moment I awoke this morning. Thanking You again for readily identifying the song in my head. Hall & Oates ♪You Make My Dreams Come True♪ You do Lord. YOU make my dreams come true.


Turning to You. Practicing obedience. Dropping my guard. Letting You be Lord of my life. ♪What I want You’ve got…What I’ve got’s full stock Of thoughts and dreams that scatter Then You pull them all together And how I can’t explain… YOU make my dreams come true♪


Yes Lord. My dream for today? To glorify and enjoy You forever. Giving thanks to You in all things. “In every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus” (Amplified Bible).


Do all You must in me to Your good and glorious end. Keep working and reworking me to Your image. I love You. I want to glorify and enjoy You. ♪You Make My Dreams Come True♪ Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.


(402 words ~ 6:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment