Thursday, November 11, 2021

in present time

 Thursday, November 11, 2021 (5:53 a.m.)

Loving Lord,


Thank-ing. Praising. Thinking. Reading. Sleeping. Singing. Stretching. Whispering. Dreaming. Waking. Praying. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. All in present time.


Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

J.B. Phillips New Testament

The Message

The Voice


Holy God, how I thank You for the hope and joy You provide. You know Your best. Your plan. Your will. Your way. Align us with Your perfect principles.


Turning to Luke 5:4-11, I’m particularly drawn to verse 5. Simon’s reply to what seemed to be Jesus’ bizarre command. “But… all right, I’ll do it if You say so” (The Voice). How rare is it that I ever align myself so readily to Your leading?


Let’s change that in me, shall we! And by “let’s” I mean, You do what only You can in, with, by, through and for me and I’ll obey. What a uniquely perfect concept. You lead. I’ll follow.


Yes! Please. I want to live this day obedient to You. I may have all the doubts and excuses this world has to offer. Let me leave them at Your feet, while fully embracing “because You told me to” (New Life Version).


Teach me Dear Lord to be as willing as Simon Peter to do as You say. Obediently. Readily. Right now. In present time.


Use me this day in sharing Your love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And strength of spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a The Passion Translation). All the fruit produced by Your Holy Spirit.


I want very much to partake of the “lordship” or “spirit-strength” (The Passion Translation) as a characteristic [fruit] given directly to me as a gift from You (The Voice).


You are great. Glorious. Good. And gracious. Empower and enable me in reflecting that. In present time.


I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(307 words ~ 8:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment