Saturday, November 13, 2021

beautiful gifts

 Saturday, November 13, 2021 (6:25 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Sour. Cross. Out of sorts. Sadly, I’ve been resembling those words a lot lately. I bring my demeanor to You. Asking You to adjust my attitude. De-mean me, Lord. Remove this meanness, I pray.


Father, I was not “well balanced and always alert” (The Passion Translation 1 Peter 5:8a). I didn’t come to You first. No. I actively allowed “the slanderous accuser, the devil, an opportunity to manipulate” me (Ephesians 4:27).


Thank and praise You for Your Word Dear Lord. Thank You for Your Truth. Your promises. Your sacrifice on our behalf. Forgive my feeble attempts to “not let the passion of [my] emotions lead [me] to sin!” (v. 26)


I fully allowed anger control. Fueling my thoughts for revenge. I let ugly, hateful words come from my mouth (29a). They were in no way “beautiful gifts that encourage others” (29b).


Blessed Holy God, I love You. I confess to trying to “stand firm against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11) in my own strength and power. Wanting to not be afraid and acting as though I’m not.


Forgive me Lord. You have taught me better than this. Turning back to You (Revelation 3:19) I am seeking Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) to enable me to “get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior” (Ephesians 4:11). 


Yes. Please! ’Instead [Dear Lord, I want to] be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as You through Christ have forgiven me’ (v. 12). I am asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for You to again do what I can’t.


Supply all that I need ‘to let my words become beautiful gifts that encourage others’ (Ephesians 4:29b). Train me to “do this by speaking words of grace to help them” (29c).


Your Word. Your Truth. Your strength. Your power. I want You. I need You. I love You. Amen.

(338 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment