Wednesday, November 17, 2021

more hope

 Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (5:05 a.m.)

Holy God,


Take me into Your Word, I ask.

(5:22 a.m.)

Thank You Lord. Praise You.


Entering the word “mystery” I get to read of hope. Love. History. Life. Songs. And more hope. Mm, yes Father. Speak with me this morning about having more hope.


I confess to You Dear Lord, the ease with which my heart becomes discouraged. Down cast.


Thank You for Your Word of Truth and promises. Reading first a verse (Romans 15:13 Easy-to-Read Version), then a section (Principles of Life Together Chapter 14:1-15:13 Illustrated Bible Handbook), hope begins to take hold again. Thank You God.


We get to turn to You. Regularly. Often. Freely. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Finding the hope we need to get up and start again. Singing of our hope, strength and life being in You. Praising You as we go.


Here I borrow the apostle Paul’s blessing to the church at Rome, asking that it apply to each of us in present day. “I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace as you trust in Him. Then you will have more and more hope, and it will flow out of you by the power of the Holy Spirit” (15:13).


I ask to take that hope with me out into this day. Along with the joy and peace and power You provide.


I love You Lord. Use me this day as You know is best. Glorifying and enjoying You as I go. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(268 words ~ 6:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment