Saturday, July 18, 2020

words matter

Saturday, July 18, 2020 (5:29 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


How I thank You. Thank You for history. Thank You for hope. Thank You for Your Truth. And Your promises.


Thank You for words like mercy. And grace. Dignity. Roots. Counterbalanced by Infighting. Injustice. Take me where You would have me in Your Word this morning.


Proverbs 31:25. Colossians 2:9


Words matter Lord. As do attitudes. Teach me to use them wisely and well. For Your good and Your glory.


Oh yes Father. You know exactly how You would have me live this day. Joyfully. In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You.


Clothe me Dearest Lord, with Your strength and dignity that I may truly come to laugh with no fear of the future (Proverbs 31:25). You know Your best for us.


And right here is my biggest smile of the morning. Believing the reference concerning roots to be found in Colossians 2, I mistook verses 6 and 7 for 9 and 10. My error in no way disappointing.


Paul wrote to the believers at Colosse “To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible). Oh yes Blessed God.


Deemed the KEY VERSES for this book, 9-10 state, “For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body, and you are compete through your union with Christ. He is the Lord over every ruler and authority in the universe.”


All four verses are found under the heading Freedom from Rules and New Life in Christ. More than ten years have passed since I first embraced the importance of ‘letting our roots grow down into Christ and drawing up nourishment from Him, so we will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth we were taught. Letting our lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done’ (7). How I thank You Father.


Thank You that this morning I get to expand my learning of Paul’s teachings. Verses 9-10. “For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body, and you are complete through your union with Christ. He is the Lord over every ruler and authority in the universe.”


The importance of Your fullness living in Christ’s human body and me being complete through my union with Him is not to be missed here Father. I truly can do nothing of lasting value without You.


And here the comment for 2:9-10. “When we tried to change through our own efforts, we realized just how powerless we were. It was then that we realized the truth found in Paul’s statement - that everything we need is found not in ourself, or even in other people, but in Jesus Christ. A recovery that is not built on the person and power of Jesus Christ will always be incomplete.”


Amen to that Dearest Lord! Nothing I can think, say or do will be of any benefit unless led by You. Forgive and change my stubborn resistance to all that is currently going on. Line me up instead to Your will. Your way. Your path for my best.


Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(536 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment