Saturday, July 18, 2020

brokenness

Friday, July 17, 2020 (6:42 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m feeling especially broken. And just like that… Psalm 51:17 brings me a smile. And with the smile? A reminder.


Yesterday I was introduced to the word pneumatology. The branch of Christian theology concerned with the Holy Spirit.


Lord God, You have me covered. By the blood of the Lamb. Thank You. One thought leading straight to another. Thank You Father.


I have spent hours avoiding You this morning. Refusing to even consider opening Your Word. One little confession [brokenness] and once again I am AGOG! Excited and eager to tell.


Yes Lord. YOU provide us hope that we can’t manufacture on our own. You take our brokenness and put us back together as only You know is best.


Brokenness - having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order. That describes my heart, soul, mind and strength perfectly. Do all You must Dearest God.


Mentally kicking myself does no good. Confessing my brokenness changes everything. Thank You Lord.


“Going through the motions doesn’t please You, a flawless performance is nothing to You. I learned God-worship when my pride was shattered. Heart-shattered lives ready for love don’t for a moment escape God’s notice” (Psalm 51:16-17 The Message).


How I thank You Father for the privilege of coming before You with my heart wide open. Hurt. Discouraged. Lacking.


Turning to Psalm 51 in The Life Recovery Bible my eyes fall to 50:14-15. “What I want instead [of animal sacrifice] is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High. Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you and give you glory.”


Holiest God, I choose to believe You WILL do for, in, with, by and through me all that I cannot possibly do myself. I am completely unable to will myself into being all You want for me.


You are able! So many songs sing of Your many attributes. It’s on Don Moen’s ♪God Will Make A Way♪ that I ultimately land.


♪God will make a way Where there seems to be no way He works in ways we cannot see He will make a way for me He will be my guide Hold me closely to His side With love and strength for each new day He will make a way He will make a way♪


This is where I ask You Father to do exactly as You know is best. Heal the brokenness as only You can.


Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(438 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment