Saturday, July 11, 2020

weakness

Saturday, July 11, 2020 (5:56 a.m.)

Holy God,


How I love You. Thank You for this privilege.


Yes Lord. Thank You!


Thank You that we are able to come before You. Arms and hearts stretched out to You. Your will. Your way.


Oh yes Dearest Lord. I thought I came here to talk with You about a loved one’s ability to “suffer fools gladly” (2 Corinthians 11:19). Instead, I saw myself (v. 30) once more in Paul’s writing to the church at Corinth.


Mm, Father. I’m feeling quite agog with You at the moment. Excited and eager to share. Yes. Thank You.


Reading about the origin of The Passion Translation I quote, “God longs to have His Word expressed in a way that would unlock the passion of His heart. Our goal is to trigger inside every English-speaking reader an overwhelming response to the truth of the Bible. This is a heart-level translation, from the passion of God’s heart to the passion of your heart.”


Again I consider myself blessed. Honored. Privileged to be loved by You. Thank You Father.


The writers of The Passion Translation New Testament with Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Songs pray “this version of God’s Word will kindle in you a burning desire for Him and His heart, while impacting the church for years to come.”


Oh yes Dearest Lord, let this be true for me. I long to be a positive impact for Your church. Yes. One who is called according to Your purpose. To live each day in the hope of Your Truth. Yes, Lord, yes!


♪… to Your will and to Your way. Yes Lord, yes I will trust You and obey. When Your Spirit speaks to me, With my whole heart I’ll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes♪


Mm. Yes!


Most Dear and Holy God, as I go out into this day let me not do so in my own weakness but in the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). You will meet our every need.


Paul boasted of his weaknesses (2 Corinthians 11:30; 12:5). Although not boasting of mine, I have been willing to admit to my weaknesses more readily. Thank You for the strength that comes from acknowledging [confessing] our own imperfections.


Use them and me this day Blessed Dad. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love You. I thank You. I trust You. And I ask You to do in, with, by, through and for me all that I am unable on my own.


Make it so I glorify and enjoy You as You desire to be glorified and enjoyed. Forever. Beginning now!


Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(454 words ~ 7:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment