Sunday, July 26, 2020

M.A.G.I.C.A.L.

Sunday, July 26, 2020 (6:12 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


You keep giving us examples of Your enduring, everlasting love. I thought I was coming here to speak of Your grace. Then I remembered Your mercy. Thank You Lord. When I put it all together it truly is something magical.


Yes Jesus. M.A.G.I.C.A.L. Mercy And Grace In Christ’s Abiding Love. Thank You.


Holy, Holy God. Thank You for the way You take control of my thoughts and direct me where I otherwise might not go. Into Your Word to read more of Your hope and Truth.


Lord, You are so very good and we are truly blessed by Your goodness. You’ve been teaching me so much these past few days. To look up. Be aware of every single gift You send our way.


Like the family celebration yesterday of a beloved mother’s birth. Organized by her much loved daughters-in-law. A parade of decorated cars, trucks and vans filled with her sons, their wives, children and their children’s children. Truly a love and respect that spans the generations.


Holy God, how we thank You for their example. Never ceasing to remind us of Your love. At its best!


Today I turn again to Lamentations. CHAPTER 3 Hope In the LORD’S Faithfulness. Holy God, You just do not disappoint!


Every time I read and am reminded of the hope we have in You I learn something new. Just like now.


My pattern is to stop reading at verse 26. Today I turned the page and saw that it continues through verse 66. Illustrated Bible Handbook titles this chapter as Call for Renewal. That’s what You’ve been doing in us Dearest Lord. Renewing us. Praise You God!


Again I see myself described in The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for “3:27-39 God disciplines us because He loves us. When we are following a dangerous path, we need to be stopped. Sometimes the only way God can get our attention is by knocking us down. Though we may get angry at God for His discipline, it is an opportunity for change. We should take a moral inventory to discover the root of our problems. Then we can turn our problems and sins over to God and seek to live according to His program…”


This is what we have been working our way through these past weeks Lord. Dangerous path. Knocked down. Discipline. Change. Moral inventory. Root of problem. Your mercy and grace in Christ’s abiding love!


Use us Father. Exactly as You know is best! Loving You, others and ourselves with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


“Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day” (Lamentations 3:23). Oh! Just look at this next verse. “I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my inheritance therefore, I will hope in Him!’” Yes! Hope in You. Thank You God.


Praise You Father. We love You. Amen.

(494 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment