Saturday, July 4, 2020

"Father, may we?"

Saturday, July 4th, 2020 (6:23 a.m.)

Holy God,


This morning I am feeling disinterested. Disengaged. Distanced. Yep. There it is.


After over a month of beginning to reintegrate to a sense of normalcy, we’re all taking a giant step back.


Finally. More than an hour of having awakened, here is my first "Thank You God." Complete with reaching for my Bible.


What did it take to ultimately open Your Word? The thought of You being Overseer to a childhood game. Only in this case, “Father, May We?”


Oh, most dear and holy God how I truly thank You. I confess my own misgivings and Your Word is here to right my thinking. To remind me that “You [we] were like sheep that continually wandered away, but now you have returned to the true Shepherd of your lives - the kind Guardian who lovingly watches over your souls” (1 Peter 2:25).


Mm, yes. Father, may we take a giant step toward thanking and praising You! You have provided our every need. We are so blessed to be Your children.


I recognize that it’s my feelings that keep getting in the way of my adoration this morning. I continue telling You that I want to be ready, willing and able to want what I have. But when push comes to shove and discordance sounds I’m first to whine about not having what I want.


Holiest God, I often see myself as ungrateful. Unwilling to accept the bad with the good. Always asking for more, while offering little. Continue Your work in me Blessed God.


These are extraordinarily trying times. We are seemingly being hit on all sides. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” You are in charge. “There is growth in the struggle.” Platitudes to keep us going.


Father, I am truly asking You to do in, with, by, through and for us all that You alone know is best. We love You. We need You. We trust You. We know You to be good. And kind. Loving. And perfect.


Thank You for Your Word of Truth and promises. Reading in Isaiah (52:13-53:12) of Jesus’ atoning death on our behalf, again I thank and ask You. Billed here as The Suffering Servant we are reminded that He did no wrong.


Holy God, I look to You confessing. ‘We were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now we have come come back to the Shepherd and Overseer of our souls” (International Children’s Bible). Oh that it would be so.


Father, may we take that one giant step closer to being the people You would have us be? Your loving, obedient children in this hurting, divisive world.


We love You Lord. Please do all You must to right the wrongs we have created. Thank You. Amen.

(466 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment