Sunday, July 12, 2020

"Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life"

Sunday, July 12, 2020 (6:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m Yours. Yes Father. Thank You that I get to come to You singing a hymn I don’t really know.


♪Loved with everlasting love, Led by grace that love to know; Gracious Spirit from above, Thou hast taught me it is so! O, this full and perfect peace! O, this transport all divine! In a love which cannot cease, I am His, and He is mine.♪


Oh most dear and blessed God, teach me here this morning what it is You’d have me take into this day. Mm, what another cherished opportunity.


Turning to the Scripture referenced (Colossians 3:3) I read: Living the New Life (vs.1-17), One Focus Only; 3:1-4 and Chapter 3. Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life. Mm, that’s the one isn’t it? “Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life.”


With the current COVID crisis, what a timely passage is this. Verse 2. “Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.” Oh yes Blessed God. I tend to get bogged down with thoughts of the things of this earth.


Teach me Dearest Lord, how to truly let heaven fill my thoughts! I AM Yours! And You are mine! Work in me that I will come to fully trust and depend on this simple Truth.


Again, no sooner asked than answered. The Life Recovery Bible comment “3:1-3 Paul isn’t urging us to deny the harsh realities of life; he is simply reminding us of where our focus should be. When our eyes are on Christ, we see this life from a different perspective. We realize that there is hope, even when everything seems dark and hopeless.”


How perfectly timed is this reminder Lord. Thank You!


“As we look with an eternal perspective, the struggles of recovery don’t disappear; rather they are seen in the proper light. They no longer have the terrifying power that they once did. When we keep our eyes on Christ and His promises for recovery, no obstacle is too great for us to overcome.”


Oh most dear and Holy God, how deeply and truly I thank You. While we have no idea what tomorrow (or even today) is going to hold, we can choose to stand firm in the belief that You are holding all of the outcomes. Thank You Lord.


I AM Yours. And You are mine. Thank You, thank You God.


Use me as only You know is best. Keeping my thoughts on You and Your finest for each and every one of us. I love You Lord. And I ask that You live in, with, by, through and for me this day. That You will truly be glorified and enjoyed. Doing all You must to make it so. Thank You Lord. Amen.


(474 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment