Monday, July 20, 2020

"One Life to Live"

Monday, July 20, 2020 (5:39 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. There was much prayer throughout the night. Sleep. Wake. Pray. Sleep. Wake. Pray…


Thank You Lord for Your presence in our lives. For the many ways You speak to us. Often with seemingly out of the blue thoughts.


Much earlier this morning names of soap opera characters randomly came to mind. Curious about them until I realized the title of the show they were on. “One Life to Live.” Yes. We truly have one life to live.


One joyous and abundant life (John 10:10). As if this were not enough, a song hit me right as I was walking out here. Just a bit of a phrase was enough to lead me straight to the lyrics for ♪Confidence♪ Thank You God!


♪I’m not a warrior, I’m too afraid to lose I feel unqualified for what You’re calling me to But Lord with Your strength, I’ve got no excuse ‘Cause broken people are exactly who You use♪ Yea for me!


♪So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense So I can face my giants with confidence♪ Oh yes Blessed God. Confidence. In You!


Do everything You know is best that I will live this one life, this one day, exactly as You would have me. In You. By You. With You. Through You. And for You. Yes Lord. Abundantly. Joyously. Fully. Freely. Confidently.


This from The Voice. John 10:9-11. Jesus speaking. “I am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be liberated, will go in and go out, and will find pastures. The thief approaches with malicious intent, looking to steal, slaughter, and destroy; I came to give life with joy and abundance. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep in His care.”


Oh yes Blessed Father! Teach me to truly live this day, this one life, as You know is best. Gloriously.


Controlled by Your Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a). Lovingly. Joyfully. Peacefully. Patiently. Kindly. Goodly. Faithfully. Gently. Temperately.


Mm, yes Lord. Do all You must for Your good and Your glory. We love You. We need You. We want You. And we ask You. Empower and enable us in living this one life well. Praise You Father. Amen.

(403 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment