Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Again and again

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 (6:13 a.m.)

Holiest God,


You provide us so much. So many opportunities to smile. To think. Even wonder. Oh most blessed God, how truly I thank You.


Thank You for the dream that woke me up hours ago. So vivid. Detailed. Bizarre. Exciting, And ultimately sleep ending.


Father, I look for Your lead. So used to going my own way. Thank You for always being willing to show us Your way. That is what I seek this morning. Your will. Your way. Your presence in my heart, soul, mind and strength.


Turning to Your Word, are we looking for love? Respect? Forgiveness? Yes. Repeatedly. Often. Again and again. Mm, yes. Guide my seeking and my finding Dearest God.


How I love turning to You Lord. Exhaling fully, inhaling deeply, imagining You filling my being with Your love and forgiveness. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


This morning I turn to Psalm 86:5. Counting, depending, leaning on You. Fully trusting and leaning into Your goodness and Your grace. Lord God, how dearly I love You.


The Passion Translation tells us, “Lord, You are so good to me, so kind in every way and ready to forgive, for Your grace-fountain keeps overflowing, drenching all Your lovers who pray to You.” Oh thank You God!


Just as I start to think this verse itself is more than enough for me today, I am directed back to a comment for Exodus 34:7. Thank You Lord for the blessings of hope and peace You continue to provide.


The Life Recovery Bible, “34:5-7 When God announced the meaning of His name to Moses, He was explaining who He was. In ancient cultures the meaning of a person’s name was understood to be a window into that person’s character, not just a surface title. As we commit ourselves to God and let Him change us, it is important that we get to know God’s character. He is compassionate, gracious, patient, loving, trustworthy, forgiving, and just.”


Oh most dear and blessed God, I long to resemble Your character. Sharing Your loving forgiveness with those I encounter.


Psalm 86. God’s abounding love meets David’s deepest needs (1-10) as he chooses to commit himself fully to God’s Truth” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Yes Father. You give us that choice every single moment of our lives. Praise You Lord.


I love You Father. I need You. And I ask You to be with, in, by, through and for me as I begin to approach this day. You are good. And we are blessed. Empower me in freely sharing all You have provided. Thank You. Amen.


(445 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment