Friday, July 24, 2020

the transforming power of God

Friday, July 24, 2020 (5:00 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


How I thank You Lord! Truly, deeply, genuinely thank You. Yes, Lord. Thanks.


It wasn’t until confessing my language to You yesterday that I realized how easily angered I had become. “Short” was the word used to describe me ten days ago. My joke becoming “I’m much too tall to be short.”


Forgive me Father. I had become short. In my heart. My soul. My mind. And even my strength. I was doing more. But caring less. And I truly couldn’t see the forest for the trees.


Blessed Lord, how truly I do thank You! It’s Your work in our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30) that brings us back to loving, caring, thinking and doing as You would have us. Completely according to Your will.


I have gentle tears this morning Father. Reminding me of Your presence. And my flaws. I had shifted so far off Your mark. Again I ask and seek Your forgiveness.


How perfect that the song I woke up singing and the Bible verse I just came across all tie together so completely. Yes! Your complete perfection Lord.


I actually used Your name yesterday. When I was again in the midst of calling out a derogatory name I gently whispered, “Jesus” instead.


Thank You for the tears You keep bringing up in me. Thank You for again making me aware of the blessings You have for each of us.


The apostle Paul wrote of his own struggle with sin (Romans 7:14-25). His devotion to You and the Truth of Your promises gives us hope. My heart is splayed wide open here Lord.


“Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin” (vs. 24-25).


The tears are again at the forefront. Just waiting for any reason to fall. Reading The Life Recovery Bible devotional regarding this section I am once more faced with my own character flaws.


While addressing the brokenness of our humanity we are reminded “we also have a reason for great hope. By trusting Christ and recognizing our helplessness against the power of sin, we open our life to the transforming power of God.” Oh thank and praise You Lord!


♪Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; There’s just something about that name! Master, Savior, Jesus, Like the fragrance after the rain; Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Let all Heaven and earth proclaim; Kings and kingdoms will all pass away, But there’s something about that name!♪


Lord, how I ask You to continue Your refining work in me this day. Remove all the defects of my character that keep me from loving You, others and myself as You would have me. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Thank You. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(516 words ~ 6:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment