Thursday, July 2, 2020

one little truth

Thursday, July 2, 2020 (5:50 a.m.)

Holy God,


How I love You. As I even think the Truth of these words, another song begins within me.


Found immediately in two separate hymnals. Preceded in both by ♪My Savior’s Love♪ Father how I thank and appreciate the way You take one thought [my love for You] and magnify it.


One little truth, how I love You, quickly becomes all these examples of ♪O How He Loves You and Me♪ Thank You Father. Praise You.


I sit. Wondering. Wanting. Waiting. Asking. Yes Father. Where would You have me go with You this morning?


Galatians 2:20. “The Son of God loved me and gave Himself for me.” Such a Truth I can barely begin to grasp.


Reading Paul’s words to Peter in The Message my tail practically wags in excitement! Beginning with verse 19. “What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a ‘law man’ so that I could be God’s man. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not ‘mine,’ but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”


As I continue reading, again I ask You Father, imbed Your Truth in my heart. In my soul. My mind. And even my strength. Make it so I can stand up to the pressures of this world through Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Paul continued explaining his life in Christ to Peter in verse 21. “I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.”


Oh most Blessed God! How I ask You to continue Your work in teaching us to love as You would have us love. You. With all of our hearts. And all of our souls. All of our minds. And all of our strength. And our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31).


And just as I begin to think that’s a whole lot of love, Led Zeppelin starts singing loud and clear. Taking another huge stretch with literary license, I can see You teaching me even here.


Going all the way back to that one little truth from an hour ago, how I love You Father. And thank You. And praise You. And ask You to live in, with, by, through and for me this day.


You alone are good and You know exactly what You have for me. Continue Your work in helping me want nothing more than all that You provide. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(529 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment