Saturday, July 25, 2020

constructive speech

Saturday, July 25, 20020 (6:16 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Good morning. Thank You for sleep. Thank You for hard work. Thank You for hope. Communication. And better language.


Yes Lord, You are absolutely convicting me of being aware of the language I use. Thank You!


Father forgive me for the degree I had fallen into using foul, unwholesome words. Readily. Automatically. Almost gleefully. Truly unaware of the negative effect it was having on my whole being.


Thank You for reminding me Lord. You are cleaning out my heart of the bitterness and resentments I have allowed to fester for at least the last three years. Hurtful words resulting in name calling does not glorify You in any way.


I long to be one Living as Children of Light (Ephesians 4:17-32). I desperately want to ‘no longer live as the ungodly do, for they are hopelessly confused’ (v. 17).


All these months I have been hopelessly confused! Carelessly trying to affect positive change while behaving badly.


Verse 24 tells me that I ‘must display a new nature because I am a new person, created in God’s likeness - righteous, holy, and true.’ My speech has in no way been representing You well. Forgive me Father.


I fell hard into a trap of hurtful maliciousness. All the while believing myself to being kind, compassionate and forgiving. Thank You for pulling the covers off that line of deceitful thinking.


Your Word cautions us that “anger gives a mighty foothold to the devil” (27). And I haven’t been heeding the warning. Thank You for continuing to guide me in Your Truth.


“Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you” (vs. 31-32). Praise You Jesus for Your love and Your teachings.


And now? The verse that brought me to this Truth giving section. Ephesians 4:29. “Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”


Yes Father. Please. Continue Your work in making me into the woman that You would have me be. Loving. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Kind. Good. Faithful. Gentle. And self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Do all You must Dearest Lord. In, with, by, through and for me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(413 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment