Sunday, July 5, 2020

verses 19 and 20

Sunday, July 5, 2020 (6:56 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m confessing a bad attitude. A really stinky, bad attitude.


You place before us Life and Death, Blessing and Curse (Deuteronomy 30:19) and I continue not choosing life. Forgive me Lord.


As I keep reading through verse 20, my heart lightens. And look! Another smile. Thank You God.


“You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This [He] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”


Most Holy and Loving God, I recognize my unsuccessful attempts at willing myself to summon up the power that only You can provide. The flashes of anger, moments of rage and unforgiveness are NOT from You.


Bitterness, resentment and vindictiveness have no place in choosing life. Again I ask You Lord, forgive me.


I long to choose life. And I can do that by loving You, obeying You, and committing myself firmly to You (verse 20).


I ask that You would replace the bitterness I continue recognizing with sweetness. Resentment? Delight! I long to choose forgiveness over vindictiveness every time.


Father, You are good. You are holy. I can do none of what You ask of me in my own power and determination. I can however “be earnest and repent” (Revelation 3:19). Looking at Jesus stand at the door and knock (20).


Oh that I would truly turn to You. Inviting You in. Choosing life. I love You Lord. Change my heart. Replacing all that is necessary as only You know is best.


Use me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(294 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment