Thursday, July 9, 2020

reverently

Thursday, July 9, 2020 (6:23 a.m.)

Oh most dear and Holy God,


How do I even come before You this morning? Reverently? In awe? Yes Lord. Let’s look into these. Shall we?


Isaiah 66:1-2. Thank You that I get to sit and read and be reminded that You are a good and kind and loving God. The God who knows the plans He has for us. The plans for good and not for evil. The plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


Dearest God, we too often get lost in the oppression of the here and now. We lose sight of Your goodness and Your grace. Forgive us Blessed Lord for not paying closer attention to Your will and to Your way.


Father, the more I read this morning, the more natural the smiles appear. On my face. In my heart. I recognize myself breathing more deeply and purposefully. Thank You Lord.


You long for us to attend to You. And in so doing, You tend to us. Thank You Lord. Thank You that You call us to devotion. Obedience. Submission. Deep and solemn respect.


Back to Your Word. The Message. Isaiah 66:1-2. “[Living Worship to God] GOD’s Message: ‘Heaven’s my throne, earth is my footstool. What sort of house could you build for me? What holiday spot reserve for me? I made all this! I own all this!’ GOD’s Decree. ‘But there is something I’m looking for: a person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say.”


Other versions say: humble; poor; contrite, broken or wounded in spirit; “those who are not proud or stubborn and who fear [tremble at] at My Word” (Expanded Bible).


Oh, let that be me this day Dearest God. Fully esteeming and revering You exactly as You know is best.


Holy Father, I love You. I long to serve You as one who is bruised and crushed in spirit. Knowing, trusting, believing that Your way is the only way.


Thank You for loving us that we may go on to loving You, our neighbors and ourselves as You command. Use me this day Blessed God entirely as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(369 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment