Friday, July 3, 2020

"God created me too!"

Friday, July 3, 2020 (5:55 a.m.)

I’m smiling! Big. Huge. Thank You God.


Yes. Thank You!


Sleep was hard to come by last night. A distressing reminder of the perils of alcoholism and the tenuous thread that can lead one to relapse kept me thinking. Reading didn’t help. Nor did tossing. Turning. Walking the halls. Or checking emails.


Praying did though. Yes Father. Once I remembered “when nothing else works, pray” I was comforted. Another smile just now reminded me of my desire to always pray first, not last! Yes Lord. It seems so simple. Yet I so often forget.


Holy God, how I truly thank You. Waking up with the words “created to create” ideas started flooding in. Then came the smiles. Along with a little giggle.


As I considered the phrase I added Your name to the mix. “God created me to…?” very quickly became, “God created me too!” Yes. You did. Thank You Lord.


So here I sit. Still smiling. Knowing. Trusting. Believing that I am loved by You. And created for a purpose. Today I ask You to reveal to me more of what that purpose is.


As I continue searching Your Word, Genesis 1:31 reminds me that You ‘looked over all You had made, and saw that it was excellent in every way. This all happened on the sixth day.’ I long to believe that of myself.


You created me too. Does that make me excellent in every way? Let’s look further into Your Word.


Even right here, reading The Life Recovery Bible Self-Perception READ GENESIS 1:26-31 I am truly agog! “God was (and is) excited about us! He gave us abilities and responsibilities to reflect His own nature in all of creation.”


There’s that smile again. Getting bigger every single time I think of myself as being created too! Not just to…


“When He created us, He was proud of what He had made! Although we have a sinful nature that came as a result of the Fall, we also must remember that we were created in the likeness of God. There are excellence and dignity inherent in being human that should cause us to ponder our potential for good as well as for bad.”


Lord, I love it when You lead. And I follow! “Four Purposes For Which God Created You by Silverio Gonzalez, Sunday 12 June 16” provides me yet another smile. One of peace-filled contentment. And hopefulness.


Father, I ask You to use me this day exactly as You created me: 1. To know You (John 17:3). 2. To love You (Deuteronomy 6:5-6; Mark 12:29-30) 3. To glorify You (Revelation4:11). And to enjoy You (Psalm 16:5-11).


Yes Lord. I long to be Yours in my thoughts, words and deeds. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to use me this day exactly as You created me. Knowing You. Loving You. Glorifying and enjoying You.


Thank You God. I love You. Amen.

(508 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment